Extreme weather alert: be prepared and stay safe
Here are Capitol’s tips to ensure you are prepared prior to a storm event:
- Report any maintenance concerns to Capitol (roof leaks, guttering, overhanging trees)
- Ensure common areas remain clean, limiting potential debris and allowing a safe emergency exit path
- Ensure evacuation procedures and signage are up to date
- Prepare an emergency tool kit (torch, mobile phone, car charger, candles)
- Register for your local early warning weather and emergency alerts with your local Council
- Download the SES app for emergency assistance during storms
- Check drainage is clear and flowing, particularly for low lying areas and basements
- Check your contents insurance. Remember that body corporate insurance does not cover your personal contents.
In the event of a storm:
- Secure all loose items such as garden chairs, umbrellas, pot plants etc.
- Do not park vehicles in low lying areas
- Stay aware of weather condition reports and evacuation notices
- After the storm – avoid flooded areas and fallen power lines, and assess any damages. Notify your Community Relationship Manager as soon as possible of any damage. To streamline repairs, send an email with photos of the damage.
- Taking these precautions now could reduce damage and financial loss, and help to keep you and your neighbours safe.
Office: 1300 55 10 19
Direct contact details for all of our Managers available on our website Insurance information also available on Capitol’s website
After hours emergency maintenance: 0431 149 772. This service may be charged as an additional service to your body corporate.
Local Council websites
Queensland storm resources
Want to find out more about how we can help you?