Capitol works with a number of fantastic developers each year and this year we would like to feature Mel Moubarak of the Moubment Group, who are responsible for some of Brisbane’s trendiest dining experiences. The team at Hatch & Co have delivered something special for you all to enjoy – a fabulous dessert and cocktail for an Aussie Christmas. We hope you enjoy!
Rum & raisin mousse
180ml dark rum
300ml pure cream
125g egg yolk
1 vanilla pod, split and scraped
1/2 tablespoon powdered gelatin
250g whipped cream
- Soak raisins in 90ml rum
- Bloom gelatin in 50ml cold water
- Combine milk, cream, vanilla bean and remaining rum in a medium saucepan and place on high heat until just before boiling.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolk and caster sugar until well combined.
- Gradually pour milk and cream mix into egg mix whilst whisking.
- Transfer mixture back into saucepan and cook on medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and coats the back of the spoon.
- Remove from heat and stir in bloomed gelatin until dissolved.
- Pour mixture into a large mixing bowl and refrigerate until cool but not set.
- Gently fold rum soaked raisins and whipped cream into the mixture until well combined.
- Refrigerate until fully set (about 3 hours)
Serve with shortbread and shaved chocolate.