It’s that time of year when the summer holidays are nearly upon us, and everyone is starting to think about winding down for the end of the year.
As we approach the end of the year, it’s a good time to reflect upon the year and our community. We have noticed many of our clients have made conscious efforts to build their community. Here are some real examples of what people are doing at their complexes now and throughout the year:
- Volunteering to represent the owners on the committee. This takes commitment. Special thanks to all those committee members who listen and respond to the many emails they may receive and do their best to represent the body corporate in a reasonable and fair manner.
- Taking time to say hello and get to know others within the building.
- Creating community herb gardens for all to pick and plant. This is a great way to get residents chatting to each other and taking on watering responsibilities etc.
- Installing community libraries on common property, donating and receiving books.
- Inviting occupiers to a weekly/fortnightly get together, bringing a plate to share.
- Holding informal Christmas get-togethers. Father Christmas has been booked and many schemes are setting aside time in the lead-up to Christmas to meet, eat and greet!
- Installing garden seating and barbeques on common property to encourage residents to use their common property to mingle.
- Decorating their buildings/properties with Christmas lights. If you are in the Redcliffe area over the next few weeks, check out Beach House on Suttons at 41-43 Marine Parade, the residents there have really taken the Christmas lights spirit on board regularly in the past and will be doing it again this year.
Want to find out more about how we can help you?